Mar 19, 2008

Making Head Way

At least a little bit anyway. Will keep this short though, still have a few things to do yet.

I finally finished my purple block and have it off on its way to the UK.


It has been made for a while, packaged for a while, just haven't made it to the post office, but I did yesterday so it is now on its way. This is Erin Fairy.
I think she is just absolutely adorable. I wanted to give her reddish brown hair, but seem to be missing several of my threads. Am sure I put them some where while working on something, just have no clue as to where.

If you haven't figured it out, like the green block, this color study block round robin is to be done in all purple. WHICH I JUST LOVE, and my daughter is hooked on it as well. I am in the Purple Passion group. Like I said, late to be sure, she is now headed to the next member that will work on her, she lives in the UK, but they said it should arrive in about 5 days.

I am embarrassingly far behind on several of my exchanges, but am making great strides toward catching up. I will post photos as I finish of course.

I have been sick again, allergies this time, and putting in hard hours at work. Am behind on housework and such as well. My computer was a little under the weather as well, lost all my info I had stored, couldn't get it to add a printer, Office running incorrectly as well. I ended up just dumping the system and reloading completely. Successfully done, now have my Office running smoothly, a printer that is added - printing - scanning (BIG YEAH), mail that works, and am able to download from my camera once again. Have organized my group files and exchanges as well.
Now, at least I have all the info printed out and in some order so I can tell what is done and what needs to be done.

I have several crochet exchanges that I need to finish up and mail out. As for crazy quilting, I have three blocks in progress that are for exchange and round robins (Spring, green, & purple) and get caught up with getting them on their way.

Today however, I just kind of blew everything off and took youngest DD 11 for a girls day out. Went shopping and found her two dresses and two swim suits, bought her a basketball for Easter, then went and had my nails done - had them manicure hers. This is the first time I have just done something so...much for me. Got a hair cut this morning, then the nails. Had tips put on, but not very long, with a french tip manicure.

It is spring break here and tomorrow we are going to the beach for the day and am taking some crocheting to work on. Then, a camping trip up to the mountains, am taking some embroidery to work on while the rest of the bunch goes riding (dirt bikes). Will be nice to just relax up in the trees. I still have to pack up the motor home, but hubby and I are going to go try a new cafe close to the house. I did get my hanging baskets all planted this afternoon as well, so did do a little work.

Well, said I was keeping this short. Time to go eat.


No comments: