Mar 23, 2008

What A Week

This was spring break week for the school kids. Hubby took off the whole week, but I only took the last three days. Have been so far behind at work due to various changes that I just couldn't take off more time. Besides, that was all the paid time off I had.

Thursday we went to the beach. I took my crocheting along, but it was so cold and windy that I ended up putting it away. It was actually quite miserable due to the wind. But, it was fun to get out of town for the day. We went on home a little early and got things ready for the camping trip.

Friday, we loaded up and headed up the canyon to a place called Keyesville. Primitive camping, as in no hook ups, but how I love those mountains. Friday was actually a bit miserable due to high winds, but at least I was in the motorhome and was able to finish up one block for the green color study.
I feel it turned out well. It was pretty time consuming with all the little beads, but hopefully she will be able to see it is a potted plant.

Now to finish up the next purple block, the spring block, and I think I will be back on track with the crazy quilt embroidery projects.

Of course I still have my crochet exchanges to catch up though, really must get my hands moving on those.

No comments: