Apr 12, 2008

Stopping in

Just stopping in a moment in between the laundry and the little flood problem in the house. I haven't posted the progress on the blocks for the round robins so thought I would do that.

This is Judy's block for the avocado group in the green study. The photo looks like there are other colors, but it really is all green. I saw the wonderful detailed work that was already on this block and couldn't figure out what to do, but ended up making a design and seam treatments on the top right corner. We had been to the beach and as usual there was a kelp type plant all over the place. It is a long vine that has these little ball shaped bulbs on the ends. If you pinch them between your fingers, it pops pretty loud. They are fun to mess with and at any rate, that was my attempt to recreate the plant on here for Judy. The treatments don't show up much but they turned out pretty cool looking.


This is what I did on Rebecca's block for the Purple Passion round robin. I really loved the way this turned out in the end. Was really fun to work with.

Our local delivery guy just dropped off supper, so will close out and go eat. Hoping to get in some DVD time and crocheting tonight, if the Nascar and other races ever finish.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Dianna,
I LOVE IT!
Judy
P.S. Thanks for posting pics...I hadn't seen it in a while:)