Jan 22, 2008

Green Garden Round Robin

My first block in the Green Garden Round Robin arrived today. I am in the avocado group. If nothing else I will have learned to spell avocado correctly with out the use of spell check. As I said, Karen's beautiful block arrived today and tempting me to start adding all kinds of dressing to her. OH HOW I WANT TO START ALREADY. But, I am taking a few days to really think this out, before just jumping in there. We have a month to add our touches and send it to the next person, so have time to plan. I have an idea of what I want to do, but want to practice it on a bit on something to see how it will actually look. I will post before and after photos of course of each block I work on.

I am new to crazy quilting, having barely started my interest in it before starting a new job. I am going to use these swaps (especially the ATC and post cards) as a way of learning new techniques and stitches. I am so thrilled to be a member of group that is for newbies and with members that understand that some of us are just learning this beautiful craft. I have always been intrigued with the Victorian and pioneer eras in history. I am especially held captive by anything to do with the old west, pioneers that lived in a time where everything you had was produced at home, families lived close together, and God and family were first. I realize I have a romantic view of the past, in reality it was dirty, hungry, hard physical labor, type of life. But, I really think I should have lived back then. I would have made a great soiled dove.

I know, I am wondering off in a strange direction. I am tired and still sick, need to finish reading my emails, and then find something to get my mind off of what I want to work on. Just wanted to check in with a quick posting.

No comments: